Tuesday 1 November 2011

Typography.


 Most of the times while writing up a formal document, we just 'know' where to use bold, and where to increase the font, and which  typeface feels right. But, I am a big believer of the fact that psychology is the abswer to all questions ;) .. so after the class on monday I looked it up, after some research I found my answer. According to this article we recognize words from the shape that they make (known as the"Bouma Shape")and not by letters that create the word. This article studies this theory through different experiments and comes to the conclusion that this theory that has been going around since ancient times is actually quite true.
(http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ctfonts/wordrecognition.aspx)

I also understood more about the presentation of a document, depending on the kind of impact it would have on it's viewers as a whole. I think, it's important for typographers or even advertisers to over analyse their work, because it's important to know more about your work or even about it's presentation than the client saying, " well, I think 'this' would work better."



No comments:

Post a Comment